Part-time Bookkeeper and Office Manager
Based in the village of Hurworth, just outside of Darlington, Strelitzia Software is the UK’s leading management platform for the florist industry. We specialise in CRM and EPOS software for retail florist shops all over the world, including Spain, Germany, USA, South Africa and Australia, but primarily in the UK and Ireland.
We have seen a 41% growth in our customer base since the beginning of 2021. With this growth set to continue, we are seeking a skilled and diligent book-keeper / office manager to join our small and friendly team. The role will involve weekly bookkeeping as well as managing the office and keeping on top of admin tasks.
The job will be part-time, and we are flexible with hours worked during the working week. We feel the role might suit someone looking to work around school hours for example. Our offices are based in Hurworth, on the same site as Flowers by Nattrass.
Bookkeeping aspects of the role will include:
- Processing income and expenditure transactions and entering data into accounting software
- Bank reconciliations
- Development and production of monthly financial statements including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- 3+ years of experience as bookkeeper or similar
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Sage50 and Xero. We are currently using Sage50 but are intending to move to Xero.
- AAT qualified or part qualified (desired but not essential)
Office manager aspects of the role will include:
- Looking at our onboarding process and streamlining
- Updating our customer CRM system
- Updating MailChimp databases
- Managing staff holidays
What we will offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a friendly family business
- A vibrant, relaxed and non-corporate working environment
- £25,000 pro rata salary
- 15 hours per week, with possibility of more as the role progresses
- On site parking
- Comfortable office environment
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter to apply.